Advocating For Your Interests When Family Conflict Arises

Image of a family at the kitchen table, arms crossed, showing signs of conflict - THE LAW OFFICES OF DIANE ANDERSONFamilies can provide a strong support system and lasting relationships. However, they can also do things that leave us feeling hurt, broken and resentful. Sometimes, emotional family disputes can become so contentious that hiring an attorney may be necessary.

At The Law Offices of Diane Anderson, I have helped countless people navigate their family disputes. I have also been through a divorce, so I understand how complicated and emotionally charged these matters can be. While you may feel uncertain about your future, a good lawyer can help you seek amicable resolutions and effectively advocate for your needs every step of the way.

What Is Family Law?

Family law can encompass the legal dynamics of family relationships, such as marriage, paternity, adoption, divorce, child custody, child support and domestic violence. As a family law attorney, I can help you understand the nuances and complexities of California family law, apply them to your situation, and create a tailored legal strategy and approach that keeps your goals and best interests in mind.

Family Law Cases My Firm Can Help You With

I can offer experienced legal advocacy for:

If you are unsure of how to proceed, you don’t need to worry. I can help you evaluate your options and understand your goals. Call my office today at (209) 729-7477 to schedule a free consultation so I can start reviewing your case.

What Is The Role Of A Conservatorship In Family Law Cases?

A guardianship is effective until a person is 18. In other words, if an individual is under 18, you must get guardianship over that person. For those who are over 18 years old and need someone to make decisions about their care or finances, a conservatorship is required. When you have a child who has autism, down syndrome or another disability, and they turn 18, you have to get a conservatorship to make sure that they have proper medical care and taking care of their daily needs. If you are assigned power over the 18 year old or older adult, that’s a conservatorship. Sometimes, there is a voluntary conservatorship, and the adult in need can agree to having a conservator. A lot of times, the court awards the conservatorship over an adult. The court will send a court investigator to the home to do research and background checks on the person to ensure it is the right choice. Typically, it is a parent, or when it’s older people, children usually conserve their mother or father.

What Is A Guardian Ad Litem? When Is One Used In Family Law Cases?

A guardian ad litem is used when the child or person being guarded, also called the ward, needs an attorney to advocate for them. It occurs when you go to court for things like child custody or personal injury, and the court appoints an attorney to investigate the circumstances and report back to the court with their findings. It’s only done in rare cases, but it’s when the court needs to hear from someone with a legal background because a court investigator is usually an employee of the court rather than an attorney.

Why You Need An Attorney In Family Law Disputes

While you can represent yourself, going it alone can be costly, especially if you don’t have experience navigating California’s family court system. My clients can benefit from my versatile background as someone who has dealt with the state courts as a lawyer and citizen. This two-way experience allows me to put myself in your situation and understand your desired outcomes, giving you a competitive advantage throughout your case.

Work With A California Family Lawyer Who Cares

Family law disputes can bring on a lot of complex feelings and emotions. Work with an attorney who can empathize with your situation and help you seek desired outcomes. Contact me The Law Offices of Diane Anderson by calling (209) 729-7477 or set up a reduced-fee consultation using my online contact form. I look forward to speaking with you.


For Prompt And Professional Service, Call
(209) 729-7477